Our team of providers & staff have been carefully selected because of each person's professional expertise and advanced training, and because together we create a culture that is kind, happy, and human. We welcome you to enjoy the culture, communication, and quality of our practice.
Gavin Uchida DDS MBA
The founder of Blue Whale Children’s Dentistry of Hawaii is:
- The current Dental Director for the State of Hawaii (Department of Health)
- A diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, and has been a pediatric dentist since 2005.
- Current medical staff at Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Honolulu.
- Current medical staff of Kaiser Medical Center, and is a participating member of the Kaiser Cleft Palate team.
- A board member of the Hawaii Dental Lifeline Network, a statewide non-profit focused on providing dental care to medically compromised adults.
- A former faculty member at the University of California at San Diego, School of Medicine.
- Possesses a wide variety of professional and cultural experiences related to dentistry and health care, including private-practice and community-health experience in the South, and on both the East and West Coasts of the United States.
- Was raised in Honolulu, and is a graduate of St Louis School in Kaimuki. He holds degrees from the following universities:
- University of Washington (Bachelors)
- University of California at San Francisco (Doctorate)
- University of Texas at San Antonio (Pediatric Dentistry)
- Duke University (MBA)
- Regularly volunteers in non-profit and federal government humanitarian medical/dental missions, to rural locations in such places as Central America, the Caribbean, Polynesia, and Southeast Asia.
Gavin’s goal is to contribute meaningfully to the health of individuals and communities, while maintaining a modest personal lifestyle.
(we return missed calls promptly, so please call and leave a voice message)
By appointment, including: EVENINGS & WEEKENDS
3660 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816
64-5191 Kinohou St.
Waimea, HI 96743